Not logged inFAQLogin

New Series Message Board

FollowupsSearchThreadedUnthreaded
Subject:Re: Who should replace Christopher Eccleston?
Posted by:Adam Helliwell
Posted at:07:48:58pm 31/03/2005
In reply to:Who should replace Christopher Eccleston? - Brad Phipps (12:16:22pm 31/03/2005)

That's lame...come on Chris! For crying out loud, he should've known what responsibilities the role of Doctor Who would bring with it! I havn't even seen him in action yet, and he's already leaving? Should've not taken the part in the first place if two series was always out ot the question - I doubt it's a recent decision on his behalf. People should stop treating a series that ran non-stop for 26 years so lightly. I feel like I've been stabbed in the back. You can't regenerate this character forever - it'd get old because it'd always be new (if you get what I mean). What'll happen after 13 bodies? He'll turn into a transparent snake and take over Billie Piper's body?

The BBC can't just keep regenerating the Doctors all the time either (Colin Baker was only given 2 seasons, Paul McGann HALF a movie) and as for Christopher Eccleston...where's the Jon Pertwee/Tom Baker dedication and passion (12 years between them)? Maybe we should see more of Paul McGann, I recon he had alot to offer but was never given the chance (even less of a chance than Colin Baker). Maybe I should be the next Doctor. At least I'd stick at it for while.

Follow Ups: