Not logged inFAQLogin

New Series Message Board

FollowupsSearchThreadedUnthreaded
Subject:Re: Episode 9 - spoilers
Posted by:usertheotherdave
Posted at:10:35:58pm 08/06/2008
In reply to:Re: Episode 9 - spoilers - Darrell P (03:26:06pm 08/06/2008)

I do wonder if we are going to see anything of River Song again or if she is some mythical never-never. Moffat is good and given the clout he will have she may turn up but I wonder if she does if her relationship/whatever of the Doctor will all occur off screen (we know how it ends so it could be a bit of a dramatic blind alley).

That said, she always seems to refer to it being Tennant's Doctor, just older (although this is rather ambigous) and seeing as she's heard of Donna she may not be too far off.
(Is the lady from ER signed up for more work? Christmas specials?

: Everything seemed well
: resolved excpet the disappearance of the Shadows, which
: could have been better resolved other than the Doctor
: scaring them away. A tight corner somewhat sidestepped
: rather than resolved I reckon.

Hmmm I did get the impression that it was a rather tenuous truce (and was half expecting one of the evacuees to trot off with a double shadow.) Mrs Dave thinks that the kids will find this episode the most terrifying ever simply because of the idea of children disappearing when mummy closes her eyes.

: I wonder why the Doctor's real name is such a secret?

Prehaps they have a three names (like cats), a formal one for special occasions (Romanadvoratrelundar), a normal one for everyday use and address (Borusa, Flavia etc), and a secret one that only they know themselves....

Prehaps the fact that renagade timelords seem to adopt honorifics and psydenoms has something to do with this??

Follow Ups: