Not logged inFAQLogin

New Series Message Board

FollowupsSearchThreadedUnthreaded
Subject:Re: S04E06 - Ep title withheld since it is a BIG spoiler (Spoilers)
Posted by:Dale
Email:
Posted at:08:02:59pm 18/05/2008
In reply to:Re: S04E06 - Ep title withheld since it is a BIG spoiler (Spoilers) - usertheotherdave (11:00:30pm 13/05/2008)

:I must say this and i am sure many people will shoot me down but that has to be by far the worst dr who episode of the new seasons.....purely and simply because of the addition of his daughter. my reasoning behind this is if you are going to add a daughter to the mix give us more mystery around it dont just have the doctor land and get his hand stuck in a dna extrapolator. i feel it would have been handled better as a two parter to give us more time and the dr and daughter more time to bond as it was he just got used to it and then she was dead or so he thought and he was off.

i would also like to mention the inclusion of the fish creatures? was any body else waiting for Tom Baker to wonder out of the wings and join the show? i am sure who ever designed that fish creature has a big grudge with dr who and wanted to make the creature look silly.....low and behold it worked..big time.

oh and could any one tell me how Jenny's existence is a paradox? i cant quite work it out.

Dunno, but the final denouncement reused Jack's Webley,
: (quid-pro-quo for the dalek guns reused in Torchwood
: (Adam)) and the handscar was very reminiscent of the Empty
: Child one...
:
: Oh, and the reused plots from the Ark, Search For Spock,
: Father Time and Martha wandering over a desolate planet
: surface before leaving (like last year). Now I'm just
: waiting for the guys in skull masks to chase after Jenny*
: because she is a child of paradox (either that or the
: Reapers)...
:
: *oh yeah, Jenny - reused joke from Red Dwarf, although I
: was thinking more of the character from Daleks Masterplan
: who was lined up to replace Susan...
:
:
: : The question is, is this deliberate (a clue to something
: : secret about the planet?) or merely an error (a case of
: : reusing a prop from the previous story?)?
: :
: : Jon

Follow Ups: