Not logged inFAQLogin

New Series Message Board

SearchThreadedUnthreaded
Subject:Re: Torchwood S2 ep 1 (spoilers)
Posted by:Darrell
Posted at:11:02:11pm 17/01/2008
In reply to:Torchwood S2 ep 1 (spoilers) - Jon Preddle (07:54:29pm 17/01/2008)

I liked the end of S1 of Torchwood (I'm led to believe I am one of the few), but I was quite underwhelmed with "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang". It didn't quite click together I felt. Captain John was fantastic (James Marsters shined - left the rest of the regulars for dead), but the plot was thin being pretty much a run around and standard double crossing villan piece for much of the episode. Also, the new added humour was also a bit hit and miss - more subtle humour would have been better (such as the sledgehammering of the R2D2 reference in the all to obvious Star Wars like projection). And wasn't the whole Gwen saying she Loves Jack but not getting to a bit too much like the Doctor-Rose Bad Wolf bay bit. Taking from Buffy, Angel and other non-Who series can be missed by many, but taking from or at least being very similar to the parent show is bound to be spotted by the viewers, who no doubt watch Doctor Who.

I guess I was bound to not be too positive on this story, since apart from End of Days, the eps written by Chris Chibnall really haven't been to my liking. Should improve next week hopefully!

Darrell.

: Quite a good episode, although the "time moves back to
: start" ending was a bit too much like the end of Last of
: the Time Lords.
:
: The lengthy COMING SOON trailer at the end seems to
: include clips from quite a number of upcoming episodes,
: including the return of Captain John!
:
: Jon